What makes stews so good is that they are delicious, super-easy to make, satisfying, and above all, they are highly nutritious. Your family will love this hearty chicken stew recipe loaded with Greek flavors. Chicken thighs, with skin on, will make your chicken crisper while cooking. Olives, capers, artichoke, and lemons add great flavor to the dish. Make use of low sodium chicken bone broth. Browning the chicken thighs over medium heat before adding them to the stew imparts a great flavor to the dish. Also, feel free to add a teaspoon of lemon zest. This recipe will stay good in the refrigerator for about 2 – 3 days. You can always prepare it in large batches and store it in the refrigerator.
Fighting Adrenal Fatigue With Dietary Supplementation
Experiencing fatigue is now one of the most common problems that people face in their daily lives. If you experience fatigue with symptoms such as insomnia, brain fog, feeling anxious, allergies or facing difficulty concentrating then you might be suffering from Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome (AFS). Dietary supplementation plays a vital role in alleviating AFS. Include foods that support your adrenal function and help replenish your adrenal energy. Unlike other traditional stews, hearty chicken stew recipe is prepared using fresh lemon slices, olives, artichokes, and capers all of which are greatly helpful in minimizing adrenal exhaustion.
Body Detoxification For Adrenal Fatigue
People with adrenal fatigue tend to possess a high acid body. Lemons contain healing and antioxidant properties. Adding lemons to your diet makes your body neutral and alkaline by balancing the body’s pH level. Thus, it provides great relief from adrenal exhaustion. In spite of being acidic in nature, lemons help to make your body more alkaline.
Besides being rich in magnesium, potassium, and electrolytes, lemons are reservoirs of vitamin C. Just a tablespoon of lemon juice can help meet 15 percent of your daily recommended vitamin C. In this modern world, combating stress is essential to ensure a healthy living. The NeuroEndoMetabolic (NEM) stress response of our body is a self-regulatory system that helps to protect the body from any excessive stress. Lemons being high in antioxidant properties help in the healthy functioning of the NEM stress response. Lemons detoxify the entire system thus help fight against stress and inflammation look at here now.
Healthy Fats For Effective Stimulation of Adrenal Glands
Olives are rich sources of omega 3 fatty acids known to minimize inflammation caused by AFS and maintain the body’s energy levels. Adding olive oil to your Greek style chicken stew helps in effective stimulation of the hormones produced by the adrenal glands. Your body requires adequate protein to keep up the energy level without causing any spikes in blood sugar levels.
Preparing a hearty stew using chicken thighs provides your body with a good amount of protein, minerals, and vitamins. Including chicken in the diet helps to lose weight, fight against colds, boosts immunity and enhances brain function. Artichokes are highly rich in fiber and antioxidants. According to the American Journal Of Clinical Nutrition, artichokes contain a higher amount of antioxidants than several other traditional antioxidant-rich foods. Capers are rich in phytonutrients, flavonoids, vitamins, quercetin, and powerful antioxidants. Studies suggest that quercetin contains anti-carcinogen, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial properties.
Hearty Chicken Stew Recipe
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 25 min
Serving size: 4
- 2 pounds organic chicken thighs, with bone and skin on
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp smoked chili flakes
- 1½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 41 garlic clove, minced
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ lemon, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup capers, with brine
- 1/21 cup kalamata olives
- 2 cup artichoke hearts, canned
- 3 cups organic chicken bone broth
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1½ tsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- Combine dried oregano, ½ tsp salt, and chili flakes in a large bowl. Coat chicken well with the seasoning. Cover the bowl with a lid to marinate the chicken for a couple of minutes. You can also refrigerate chicken for about 2 – 24 Hrs
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, remove marinated chicken from the bowl and place them on a kitchen towel. Pat the chicken dry to remove excess moisture from it
- Place pan over medium heat and pour oil into it. Gently place the chicken into the heated pan making sure the skin side is down. Allow to cook for about 5 – 8 min until the meat is browned. Turn the chicken over and brown the other side as well. Gently transfer your cooked chicken onto a clean plate
- Now, add garlic, capers, onions and ½ tsp salt in the same pan. Cook for about 5 minutes stirring in between. Toss in the lemon slices
- Pour white wine into the pan and stir to loosen any leftover browned chicken bits that are stuck to the pan’s bottom. Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes
- Add chicken broth along with cooked chicken, and simmer for 5 more minutes. Add olives, artichokes and simmer for 10 minutes
- Now remove chicken and pull meat from the chicken bones. Chop cooked chicken roughly before returning them to the pan. Stir to combine chicken with the ingredients in the pan. Divide stew into serving bowls. Sprinkle with fresh chopped oregano and serve.
Proper dietary supplementation plays an essential role in normalizing AFS and the NEM stress. Foods rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and healthy fats enhance the ability of your body to fight against stress and exhaustion. The combination of complete nutrition and a healthy lifestyle approach helps to normalize the adrenal gland. In addition to the above, the assistance of professional guidance is recommended to get relief from adrenal fatigue.